A common problem faced by a lot of people these days is back pain. Yoga is the best way relief from back pain In yoga there are many yoga for back pain.
Back Pain can be due to many reasons be arthritis, wrong posture, obesity or any other reason.
If you are suffering from back pain for long time then here are 5 easy yoga for back pain asanas to give you instant relief.
there are list of 7 try and tested yoga poses for back pain.
1. Makarasana/ Crocodile pose
Our first asana is makarasana now hold your body in crocodile posture.
1. So lie down on your stomach.
2. Raise your upper body till your belly button.
3. Join your feet and rest on your elbows.
4. Now raise your hands and keep your palms on your cheeks.
5. Now relax your back completely and feel the pressure on the lower end of your spinal cord.
The best part of this asana is that you don’t have to put in any extra effort. Whenever you have pain you can easily relax your body in this position and get some relief.
Breathe normally you can hold your posture in this asana for around 5 minutes for results and you can increase your duration depending on your pain. So this was makarasana.
1. Lie down on stomach.
2. Place your feet together and both the hands in the front.
3. Put your chin on the floor.
4. Now relax your mind and focus on the point where you are feeling the pain.
5. Relax your spinal cord and hold this position for 30 seconds to around 1 minute.
It’s very effective to relax your body. No asana can be performed with strain. Asana can be only performed in a steady and pleasant state.
So do follow this in between other asanas for the best results.
3. Shalabhasana/ Locust Pose
Now the third asana is shalvasana or locust pose. It’s also called grasshopper pose.
1. Lie down on your stomach.
2. Place both your hands near your thighs and chin on the floor.
3. Now raise both your legs to the maximum point you can, while inhaling initially hold for 10 seconds.
4. Then while exhaling gradually bring them back.
Make sure that you perform all these asanas in the morning on an empty stomach. You can even try these in the evening but your stomach should be empty.
Anyone can do it. It’s great relief for the pain. Make sure that while performing these asanas your mind should be relaxed.
4. Bhujangasana/ Cobra pose
The fourth asana is bhujangasana or cobra pose.
1. Lie down on your stomach.
2. Keep your palms next to your chest on both sides.
3. Keep your chin on the ground for now and both the feet will be together.
4. Make sure that while inhaling, you raise your upper body and hold it for 10 seconds.
5. Come back while exhaling.
You can perform 3 sets of this asana. This asana is very important as it just doesn’t make your spine flexible but also strengthens your back, easing your back pain.
You need to be very careful about on things though. When you raise your body, make sure you just raise the part above your naval.
So these was our fourth asana bhujangasana or cobra pose.
Check it out:
5. Dhanurasana/ Bow pose
Our sixth asana is dhanurasana the bow pose.
1. Lie down on your stomach chin on the ground feet together.
2. Takes your hands backward and bring your legs towards your hips.
3. Now while inhaling raise your upper and lower body and make sure you maintain some gap between both the legs.
This asana is quite effective as it gives a good stretch muscles and ligaments.
Exhale and come back to this position. You can perform 3 sets of this asana as weel. Hold the position for 10 seconds initially and with time and you can increase.
The hold time according to your comfort. This was the fifth asana bow pose.
6. Marjariasana/ cat-cow pose
Our sixth and last asana is marjariasana cat-cow pose.
1. To start this asana, twist your knees and sit.
2. Place your hands like this at shoulder width distance.
3. Place your palms on knees like in the image.
4. Keep both your elbows and knees together.
5. After this get up at some distance. In tabletop position.
6. Now you are ready to perform this asana.
Here you need to breathe in and move your chine upwards. Which will also form a curve on your back.
Hold this position for a while and then come back to the same position while exhaling. This will now form a hump on your back.
Keep on doing this asana back and forth for at least 10 times this asana is quite beneficial. Usually, because of your back pain, there is a lack of flexibility and stretch. And with this asana, you can get both, stretch and flexibility.
So these are 6 easy yoga for back pain asanas that will stretch your back in a calculative way and relax it. They also helps strengthen your back. Just make sure that you follow it exactly the same way.